Tagged by Bill
Here are the “rules.”
* Answer the question on your blog.
* Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
* Link back to the original meme.
* Post these rules on your blog.
* Tag at least 5 people at the end of your post.
* Let each person you tag know that they have been tagged.
OK the question was “What is simply faith?”
Here is my response:
Simple faith is like that of a child before it is corrupted by vicious fact and the realities of a harsh world. How anyone hangs on to it as they go through life escapes me.
I’d imagine that such faith would be shed along with belief in the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas. Seeing that it isn’t has made me consider that it might have more to it. Perhaps it’s because we ask for miracles from the Tooth Fairy (who changes old teeth for money) and Santa (who magically brings gifts on Christmas Eve) as children but learn that our parents actually perform these ‘miracles’. Whereas faith in the divine is less refutable given the vagaries of the miracles requested.
Who to tag?
Well most people I know don’t give a monkey’s about religion so just go ahead and tag yourself.