2 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
10 oz. pureed blackberries
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Cut the butter and cheese into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the cheese crumbs and pat the remaining mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Spread blackberry puree evenly over the cheese mixture in the pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese crumbs.
- Bake at Gas Mark 6 in an oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and cut into squares.