The beauteous and glamourful FloatyKatja has tagged me.
‘The rules are simple. There are 9 questions (3², each of which has 3 answers, to give a total of 27, or 3³. The whole point is that the questions are somewhere between eclectic, banal and downright bizarre, so that you can answer completely truthfully without actually giving much away. Just put down the first three answers that come to mind if you can’t work out the “most appropriate” three.’
Objects Within One Metre Of You
- My heart. I keep it very close to my chest or so I’ve been told.
- A jar of Carte Noire. It says on the jar “Un café nommé désir” but it isn’t named “Desire”. It’s named “Carte Noire”. I’m pretty sure that this contravenes some sort of trade description act.
- A loaf of Soreen fruity malt loaf which will be my lunch in an hour or so. I really wish I had a proper knife at work to cut it up with instead of those pesky butter knives. Something serrated and sharp.
First Names of People You Sat Next To At School
- I have no clear memory of sitting next to anyone at school. I was probably too cool to sit next to anyone. Yes, that’s it. I certainly wasn’t the strange loner kid that no-one wanted to speak to. Uh uh, no sirree.
- Seriously I can’t think of anyone.
- I’ve probably blocked it out.
TV Programmes You Won’t Watch
- Soap operas like Eastenders, Coronation Street, etc
- Those day time shows where they get the dregs of society on to tell the world why they slept with their sister’s dog or some such. It’s car crash TV and it’s just plain bad.
- Football and most other sport programmes. I mean, seriously, what is the point? If you want to watch sports then go and watch them. Sitting in front of the telly loses all the atmosphere of a sporting event. You may as well just read about it in the paper.
Favourite Trivial Pursuit Categories
Superpowers You’d Like To Have
- Flight. I don’t mean in an invisible jet or anything daft like that. I mean proper flight under my own power. Wings are optional
- Telekinesis. Other than the ability to manifest “mind bullets” I like the idea of being able to lounge about while moving stuff around with my mind. I suppose I wouldn’t need flight if I had telekinesis because I could just lift myself up into the air.
- Telepathy. I know what you’re thinking. He he, how rude.
Newspapers, Magazines or Periodicals Read Regularly
- The Sunday Times
- The Guardian
- The Dragon, although it reaches it last print next month. 😦
Songs You Dislike (…oh so many….)
- Cover versions of great songs that are done badly. I include almost all tribute songs for Freddy Mercury.
- Anything sung by Elton John. I’m afraid those whiny lyrics and that simpering voice just grate on my nerves and make me want to slap him like a red headed step child. It’s worse when I see him actually perform these “songs”.
- Most…no, all songs by boy bands. Seriously guys, less synchronised dance moves and more music please. Learn to play an instrument each and you’ll have some credibility.
Blog Posts of Your Own That You’d Recommend.
- I would simultaneously recommend hanging on my every word like a faithful sycophant and avoiding any of the garbage that I spew out on a daily basis.
- The blog entry on my now dead 20Six blog about the time that I drew faces on my fingers during a meeting. It was so good that even kept the pictures.
- The various attempts at a Deathblog Grudgematch. One day I’ll finish one.
People you’d like to tag.
- She who must not be named
Feel free to give it a shot on your own though, especially if you’re one of those people above with a bazillion blogs who likes to keep their name a secret.