In facebook there are 43 people with the same name as me.
None of them are a handsome as I am though.
Today’s Word of the Day is:
tatterdemalion (tat-uhr-di-MAYL-yuhn, -MALEE-uhn) adjectiveRagged, tattered.
A person in ragged clothes.
I went to see Pirate of the Caribbean III with the kids yesterday. It was very disappointing. I shall not be recommending it to any of my friends.
The Little Big Boss keeps hassling me about an XML link with a new client. He doesn’t seem to understand that “It’s in the testing phase and should be ready for testing on the live system on Friday” means that things are going well and that it should be ready on Friday.
I stole this from Jen Dziura. You can read her reason for this question on her blog. I am too lazy to repeat them. It is a matter of interest to me as I’m hoping to move soon into a vast mansion where every door has gold knobs.
However I am interested in your responses to her blog poll: How many hours per month do you have to work to pay your rent\mortgage? (For example, if you make £80,000 a year and pay £2,000 a month, that’s about £38/hour, so you work about 53 hours to pay your rent. If you work a £10/hr job and pay £450, you work 45 hours to pay your rent, which makes you, in a way, a little bit richer).
So please answer this in the comments: How many hours do you work to pay your rent, and what city do you live in?
You may choose to be anonymous of course but I’m nosey so please don’t.
Mine was 47.
Here’s the thing about my continuous study with the Open University:
I cannot do any work on a unit, other than the first one, until I have received the grade for the last TMA.
For a complete explanation of the high jinks involved with working on and submitting a TMA (Tutor Marked Assignment) read AnotherBlogger.
I submitted TMA02 on the 24th May. Clearly there is no reason in the world for my tutor not to download it, mark it, make comments on it and submit it back to me by now. Just because I’m one of twenty students he has on this course, just because he may be running other courses, just because it’s the weekend.
I’m being unfair, I know, but I am totally unable to open the next unit and start my reading until I’ve got the mark back.
Or is it just an excuse to spend a few days sitting round doing nothing?
Gah! I’m so lazy. At this rate I’ll never finish.
- The government has delayed the introduction of the home information pack.
- My firm has invested heavily in one part of the pack, have set up an office and employed people to administer the production of the reports.
- The little Big Boss is now convinced that the HIP project will be cancelled.
- As a result two people had to be “let go” yesterday.
- This has left me surprisingly sad. I mean they were both good people and have not done anything to warrant losing their jobs.
- I’m getting an obscenely huge bonus at the end of the month.
- This leaves me riddles with guilt.
- I agreed to sell my house to someone but they decided that they don’t want it anymore. This is the second time that this has happened.
- The kids are bickering like crazy at the moment.
- It’s too hot.
On the positive side
- I finished my TMA and submitted it on time. I don’t think I’ll reach the dizzying heights of 96% like I got in the last one though even though all my C++ functions worked perfectly.
- I’m bunking off work early because I’ve had enough for one day.
I’m having beetroot salad for lunch.
I’m wearing a white shirt.
Hopefully I’ll manage to eat it all without any mishaps. It’s this kind of wild living that gets me a reputation for mayhem dontchaknow.
Text conversation ‘twixt me and The Hildy.
Me: Where is my train? It’s 15 minutes late but the display still says it’s on time. Have I got a magic time travel train? That would be cool but not likely with SW trains.
The Hildy: Remember the train from The Polar Express. Any minute now it will arrive and take you off to the North Pole to see Santa.
Me: Wow! Really? That’s great.
Me (again): Oh bugger, it’s a shitty SW Trains train coming into the station. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I’ll have a magic train.
The Hildy: Tomorrow u will have a magic train. It’s important to keep your dreams alive.
Sometimes I think that The Hildy is the only person in the world who really understands me. I’m looking forward to seeing Santa tomorrow as well.
If not then I’ll just go to Brighton instead. There are plenty of worse places to visit.