Thursday ThirteenIf any former 20sixers remember Enigma then you may have followed him Blogger and seen his Thursday Thirteen Blogroll entries. Well I liked them but he’s deleted them now.
Thursday Thirteen is a meme with one purpose: to get to know bloggers better. Thirteen secrets they’ve never shared before, Thirteen random things about themselves or their lives that give the reader a better idea of who they are.
So I’m in a sharing mood today so here is my Thursday Thirteen:
Thirteen Things that I believe in
- “Why?” should be the first question that you teach your children.
- Karma. I should clarify this. I don’t believe in the westernised idea of Karma where a person gets a good or a bad deed coming back to them. I believe that when you do something good then people appreciate it and will do good things as a result. This has an overall effect of making people perform good acts which makes everyone’s life better. It works in reverse as well.
- The power of debate. If there is no debate then how will I ever understand my enemy. I don’t need to agree with my enemy to understand him, I just need to see his point of view. I believe that there is no argument that cannot be overcome through debate.
- Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
- A government should serve the interests of the people.
- A smile is a great gift to give someone. It’s free and contagious.
- The most heinous and the most cruel crimes of which history has record have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble motives.
- We change the world in small steps and not in leaps and bounds. Or as Ghandi put it “In a gentle way, you can shake the world. “
- If you think that an order is wrong then you should question it and if the explanation is flawed then you should defy it.
- Some sins are not wrong.
- History teaches us that people make mistakes. If we learn anything from history it is that many of these mistakes should never be repeated.
- A little suffering is good for the soul.
There you go. This was a little more serious than I originally intended but there you go.